Production Blog: Final Task

 


Hey MS crew,

We are nearing the end of this eventful journey and have finally reached some of the very last steps of completing the Final Task.  Since we completed the final task, we wanted to have someone else review it for feedback that we haven't received yet. It was a good chance to see things from another person's point of view as we have watched our opening sequence probably over a million of times!  

We used different people just to get more than one opinion because more the merrier right? For my person, I chose to use my good friend Leonie because she watched my opening sequence not knowing anything because she doesn't have Media Studies. I felt that this was the best decision because it would show me how it would be viewed from a regular person out in the world.

When watching it, she didn't look away from the phone which told me that it was interesting enough to  keep watching. She made certain reactions that told me that our horror genre was executed the right way as she was shocked and sometimes I think she was even a little scared. I mean... she covered the screen, so I know that she was scared!

The feedback she gave was overall very good. She said that the editing was nice and that she loved background music and how real it made everything feel. One critique that she did say was that one of our outside scenes was a little too dark and you can only really see the mask. I agreed and made a mental note to sit down with Hailey and Marissa to discuss this. 

I asked her if there was anything else that might need a little tweaking and she said that it wasn't major but she thought that the Title could be presented in a different way. She said that because our opening sequence is of the horror genre, we should make it red instead of white. She made a good point that people usually associate horror with red because of blood so it would stand out more. 

I'm afraid that I'm going to have cut this short because I think you may need to wait till the next blog! You guys are super spoiled! It's time to say goodnight and don't let the bed bugs bite!

Comments

Popular Posts